Monday, February 20, 2012

Thierry...Oh the Temptations!

I've been meaning to visit Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Cafe (what a mouthful!) ever since they opened up. I finally got the chance on a rare afternoon that I wasn't completely bloated from a previous meal or starving like a pig. They have quite a large selection of treats to choose from, each with such beautiful presentation, so right off the bat I was having a tough time deciding! 
Chocolate Trio Cake
Out of the many many kinds of individual cakes, I was able to narrow it down to this Chocolate Trio. It is composed of white, milk and dark chocolate mousse, situated on top of a chocolate sponge cake. In short, this cake was sinfully decadent. The mousse was so heavenly rich and smooth, but not the point where it got sickening. There was a hint of liqueur which I thought went very well with the chocolate.

Passion Fruit Mousse
I also had to try this Passion Fruit Mousse because it looked so adorable with the mini macaron tops! The mousse was nice and airy, carrying a light fruity sweetness. The passion fruit jelly on top gave it a little zing with its tartness. This was very good, perfect for those who don't like heavy desserts. However, the macaron tops were a little soggy, perhaps from being stuck to the mousse all day.



House Blend Liquid Chocolate & Latte
I originally thought that Liquid Chocolate was just a quirky name for hot chocolate, but I was wrong! It was literally a cup of thick chocolate topped with more thick whipped cream. It's good for sipping but I can't imagine finishing the entire thing without having a big glass of water along with it. On the other hand, I quite enjoyed the latte. It was more on the bitter side, but it was a perfect pairing with the desserts.

Primavera & Salmon Half Sandwiches 
On my second visit to Thierry, I used up every bit of my self control and went for their savory options instead. Although these half sandwiches look plain, they actually pack quite the flavour punch. The salmon sandwich was delightful with all its smoky goodness. I was surprised at how good the primavera was, considering that it was just vegetables! Of course, the bread was fresh, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The baby pickles served on the side was refreshing (and cute!). 

Thierry has now become one of my favourites, but only if I ever want to indulge, as the prices are fairly steep.  I will definitely continue to visit this cafe, at least until I've tried all the desserts! The service is friendly and quick. It has a great atmosphere, ample seating space, a beautiful heated patio and there is parking located conveniently across the street....what more can you ask for? 

Taste: ★★★★★
Environment: ★★★★★
Service: ★★★★★
Price: $

Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Cafe
1059 Alberni St
Vancouver, BC
Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...