Monday, January 30, 2012

Seasons in the Park: The Perfect Place

I have to admit that this post is overdue, but I just had to share my love for Seasons in the Park before I go back to blogging restaurants in the East coast. 
I can't remember when my first time here was, but ever since I could remember, Seasons has been my family's go-to place whenever there is a celebration or when we have guests visiting us. The restaurant sits at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park and has breathtaking views. I always go to Seasons for lunch but the scenery is just as stunning as I imagine it would be at night since the park itself is very beautiful. 

On top of the great decor and view, the service here is impecable. Not long after we placed our orders, the waiter brought us a warm basket of bread. I liked that the crust was crispy and the inside soft and fluffy. The bread is also unlimited here. I always have to stop myself from filling my stomach with loads of bread!

Caesar Salad    $10 + tax
The caesar salad wasn't anything too extraordinary, but I liked that the dressing was on the side so I could control how much I wanted. The lettuce was cold and crispy and seemed very fresh.

Carrot Ginger Soup    $8 + tax
I'm not a fan of carrot or ginger, but every time I come here I must have the carrot ginger soup. I can't tell you what exactly it is in this soup that makes me enjoy it so much, but I just love it. I think it is probably the balance in the taste of ginger and carrot. Also, it's thick and creamy and goes very well with the bread.


7oz AAA Filet Mignon Neptune   $36 + tax 
Now this is what I always come here for. Of all places I've been to, I dare say that Seasons has the best steak in Vancouver (well, at least in my opinion). Different from many, I dislike raw steak. As a result, my steak always has to be at least medium well. A problem with that is many places end up making my steak very dry and hard to chew on. At Seasons, it's a whole different story, which is why I love it so much. They always make my steak just right, with no blood gushing out when I cut into my steak. Most importantly, the meat is still tender when I chew on it!

When it comes to fine dining, Seasons is my absolute favourite for many reasons - the great location and lots of parking, exceptional service, stunning view, delicious food, extensive wine collection... I could go on!

While Dine Out Vancouver is happening, I would strongly suggest you check out Seasons in the Park!




More photos:
  


Taste: ★★★★★
Environment: ★★★★★
Service: ★★★★★
Price: $$$



Seasons in the Park
West 33rd & Cambie St.
Queen Elizabeth Park
Vancouver, BC 

Seasons in the Park on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...