Monday, January 16, 2012

Bubble World (大頭仔): A Yummy Pit-Stop in Richmond

LULU: One night, Amy and I were meeting our friends for a quick dinner. The boys had just finished singing at karaoke and were grabbing a bite before catching a movie later that night. We wanted to find something close and fast, so we decided on Bubble World. I hadn't visited the Richmond Bubble World before and didn't have very high expectations since I always thought of it as just a bubble tea place.

AMY: I visit this place quite often, usually when I'm not particularly craving anything and just looking for a quick eat. There are a couple of dishes which I rotate around, with the beef noodle being one of them (surprise surprise). The quality of the broth really varies. Most times it is rich with full flavor, but other times it can be quite watered down. I've noticed that their soup is a little more on the sweet side, but that's not to say that it's a bad thing. There's a good portion of noodles which usually gets me quite full. I never order this dish with the meat if it can be avoided, so I can't comment on the beef chunks.

Beef Noodle in Soup without Meat 牛肉湯麵    $6.25 + tax
Red Fried Fermented Glutinous Pork with Rice   紅糟肉飯    $6.95 + tax
AMY: Even though I'm not a meat-lover, this dish is always enjoyable for me. There is a generous portion of pork slices. The meat fried until it's slightly crispy on the outside, yet retaining all it's tender, succulent goodness on the inside. It's certainly appetizing enough on it's own, but they give you a side of special soy sauce to dip. If you like bolder, saltier tastes, then go for the sauce! On the downside though, sometimes I get quite thirsty after eating this.

Taiwanese Style Fried Rice Noodle with Meat Sauce  台式炒米粉  $6.95 + tax
LULU: Instead of going with the usual beef noodle soup, I decided to order the Fried Rice Noodle. It was an authentic Taiwanese dish that isn't commonly found at all Taiwanese restaurants. When my dish first came, I wasn't too impressed since it just looked okay. After taking more bites, I started to really enjoy the noodles. A common problem that happens with these fried rice noodles is that they can get really dry sometimes. This wasn't the case at Bubble World -- their noodles were chewy and oily. Also, the minced pork on top was a bonus since it added a more meaty taste to the entire dish. All in all, it was a good amount of meats and vegetables (talk about a balanced diet!).

When you're pressed for time between your activities in Richmond, Bubble World  is a great place to make a quick stop and fill up your belly with Taiwanese yums!

AMY: Bubble World is no longer just a place for bubble tea! It's a great place for some quick, yummy food. There usually isn't an issue with wait times or parking -- always a plus!

More photos:
  Assorted Stir Fry Pork Intestines with Pork Blood  五更長旺    $7.95 + tax
Salty Chicken with Rice  鹽酥雞飯     $6.95 + tax


Taste: ★★★★☆
Environment: ★★★★☆
Service: ★★★★☆
Price: $

Bubble World 大頭仔 (Richmond)
1136-8328 Capstan Way
Richmond, BC

Bubble World 大頭仔 (Richmond) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...