Thursday, January 15, 2015

Top Picks for Winterlicious 2015

It's that time of year again where, after a short month of rest from all the belly stuffing during Christmas holidays, more eating! Although I shouldn't use the term "stuffing" for this culinary event as it is all about exploring and really enjoying what the Toronto culinary scene has to offer.

Before I go into my 2015 Winterlicious wish list, I wanted to highlight previous restaurants that I have been to during previous Winterlicious/Summerlicious events since they are also on this year's list: 

Aria (Menu): I would still recommend it for the delicious food, yummy wine, friendly service as well as awesome decor. Great for a girl's night out or a romantic date. 

Big Daddy’s (Menu): You can't go wrong with their clam chowder, fried pickles or jambalaya. 
  
Ciao Wine Bar (Menu): Very good deal for what it's worth. The food and vibe is great. Good for friend gatherings or romantic dinners. 

La Maquette (Menu): Best place for a romantic dinner with candlelit dinner by a fireplace accompanied by live music. Also, did I mention lobster?  

Weslodge (Menu): Cutting edge decor and innovative dishes without the hefty price tag. The scotch egg is delicious.


I will probably revisit any one of these restaurants this year if I can manage. This will also be my first year attending one of the culinary events as part of Winterlicious. Rosewater is no stranger to me so I am super excited about this one:
Source

Every year I try to check out new places, so here are my top 5 picks for Winterlicious 2015 (in alphabetical order):



America Restaurant (Menu): I was invited to the restaurant opening launch party and the food was amazing. The mac and cheese was probably the best I've ever had.


Source


Drake hotel (Menu): Seasonal comfort food and reinvented classics in a fun environment at one of Toronto's most popular boutique hotel.

Source

Habits Gastropub (Menu): Cozy college street bar offering local and fresh ingredients, with a great craft beer and whisky collection. They have 7 choices for the main entree! Good for groups that want to try various dishes.

Source

Mildred's Temple Kitchen (Menu): Nicely lit with lots of natural lighting and with a vast space, the restaurant offers market fresh contemporary dishes. I'm definitely having the chicken and waffles, but too bad I can't have their legendary fluffy buttermilk pancakes as dessert.


Source


Estiatorio VOLOS (Menu): An authentic but modern expression of Greek dining that takes you beyond typical Greek clichés.  Lobster with feta cheese? Yes, please. 
Source

Be sure to make your reservations quick as lots of the restaurant bookings fill up fast!

1 comment:

  1. I loved La Maquette - totally agree it's the most romantic dinner place!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...