Friday, August 01, 2014

A New Favourite: Siena Restaurant

Tucked just ever so slightly away from the hustle and bustle of Broadway and Granville sits Siena, a nice little neighbourhood gem. The space is small but inviting, with its use of wood and its handwritten chalkboard of the daily specials. Unfortunately, since we had a later reservation, many of the special items were already sold out.

Nonetheless, Siena's staple menu still had many things that caught my eye. I'm always a little iffy when it comes to pork tenderloin because often times it can end up being tough. This was certainly not the case as the pork came out to be melt-in-your-mouth good. Even though the portion did not look intimidating, I'm sure I would have been satisfyingly full if I had polished this off on my own.
Grilled Natural Pork Tenderloin $25
While this was a very ordinary dish, it turned out to be exceptionally delicious. The tomato sauce is hearty, full of flavour with a hint of spice, leaving me one very content diner. Siena's pasta would easily be one of my top picks if I ever had to choose!
Spaghettini Puttanesca $17
At this point I was already really full from my meal, but I am never one to say no to dessert! The hazelnut torte was a nice way to round off a meal, but otherwise it wasn't anything too amazing. We didn't end up finishing the torte as it was really sweet.
Double Chocolate Hazelnut Torte

I enjoyed my meal at Siena very much and would highly recommend this place whether it be a small intimate date or a large festive gathering as they do have tables to accommodate both. Judging by how much I enjoyed their main dishes, it won't be long before I come back to sample some of their other menu items, especially those sell-out dailies!

Taste:★★★★☆
Environment:★★★★☆
Service: ★★★★★
Price: $$

Siena
1485 W 12th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6H 3J5
Siena on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...