Monday, April 25, 2011

Yogurt Spoon: Why Do Drugs When You Can Do Froyo?

Frozen yogurt has recently become a popular alternative to ice cream as people are becoming more health conscious and prefer low-fat choices. 
I have always been a die-hard froyo fan and was super excited when I unexpectedly came across Yogurt Spoon one day. Before discovering this store, I would always complain and wish that a decent frozen yogurt place would open around the area I live in-- now my wish has come true! 
I have to admit, it's been hard trying to refrain myself from visiting the store every single day. Trust me, this stuff is quite addictive.           
When you enter the store, the friendly staff greet you with an energetic "Welcome to Yogurt Spoon!"
before you make your way to the yogurt station.  This place is self-serve and you can literally put anything you want and as much as you want in your cup. They offer around 10 frozen yogurt flavours, with original and chocolate being my favorites. Original is a bit sour and very refreshing, while the chocolate has a thicker taste and can definitely satisfy that crave for ice cream. They also have cheesecake and other fruit flavours that vary day to day. One flavour not enough for you? No worries, they have mixed flavours!
After you get all the yogurt you want, you take your pick on more than 30 toppings and sauces. My all time favourite is mochi balls and I also add fruits. Make sure to take into consideration the seasonality of fruits when adding fruit toppings. If you like surprises, you should definitely try their "popping balls". After you're all done, you bring your cup to the counter where they weigh it and charge you 45 cents per ounce. 

Next time when you're feeling down, think twice before you indulge on a tub of Ben&Jerry's or Häagen-Dazs(I like to call them tubs of pure fatness) and consider going for a lighter choice. I assure you that froyo will be just as satisfying - it never fails to bring a huge smile to my face! 

**May 18th 2011 UPDATE: the price is now 49 cents per ounce
**April 8th 2012 UPDATE: the price is now 55 cents per ounce

Yogurt Spoon
573 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON

Taste: ★★★★★
Environment: ★★★★★
Service: ★★★★★
Price: $

Yogurt Spoon on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. there are so many froyo places around..yoyo's is good too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. even police officers need their dose of yogurt spoon :P THAT'S HOW ADDICTING THIS PLACE IS! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...