Saturday, April 23, 2011

We All Scream for ICE CREAM!

After such a long winter, I'm so glad that the sun finally decided to pay Vancouver a visit again. With the days getting longer, there's nothing better than to laze around on a warm afternoon, eating some ice cream! I couldn't stand being cooped up in the library during finals season anymore while the weather was so nice, so I headed over to Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream.

The first time I had Cold Stone was in Taiwan, where the menu had so many items on it that it was quite difficult to make a choice. So when I looked at the menu for the Vancouver location, I was very surprised by the limited amount of choices. Perhaps most people go for the option of mixing and matching their own. Another thing that was really different was the service. My server was not very friendly, and spoke in such a mumbled voice that I could barely hear.




I had the Founder's Favorite in a waffle bowl-- sweet cream ice cream, pecans, brownie, fudge & caramel. This is the "love it" size (sizes available are "like it", "love it" and "gotta have it"). They take your ice cream and mix in the other ingredients on a cold stone slab to make sure that it doesn't melt in the process. Judging from the picture in their menu, I was expecting to see more fudge and caramel drizzles, as well as brownie pieces. The ice cream itself was very smooth and creamy, but the waffle wasn't very fresh. Overall, this was not what the picture advertised, and not exactly what I was hoping for either.

Next time you're looking for an ice cream fix, head over to Marble Slab instead, or maybe try another Cold Stone location. Vancouver has plenty of ice cream and gelato places, I'm sure you'll find one to your liking!

Cold Stone Creamery (West Point Grey)
4401 W10th Ave.
Vancouver, BC

Taste: ★★★☆☆
Environment: ★★☆☆☆
Service: ★

Price: $
Cold Stone Creamery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. There are tonnes of brownie in there... too much actually and they over served you and it looks more like a "gotta have it" size then a "love it" size so I would be pretty happy if I were you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...