Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Dim Sum Favourite: Fisherman's Terrace

Dim sum restaurants are a dime a dozen in Richmond, so I'm sure everybody has their go-to place. For years I've been mindlessly going to our family staple, but recently we decided to venture out and what a great decision that was! The venue of choice was Fisherman's Terrace, located conveniently on the top floor of Aberdeen Center.

Let me start off with my new found favourite - the baked BBQ pork pastry. BBQ pork is good. Everyone agree? Now imagine BBQ pork stuffed within the flakiest, most buttery pastry ever.  Mouth watering, isn't it? Normally savoury pastries don't really appeal to me but this was just amazing.
Baked BBQ Pork Pastry
When mother dearest is around, she always demands at least one vegetable dish. Here we had the peatips with tofu skin, which was pretty standard. The peatips really depends on the daily selection as sometimes the vegetable can tend to be a little bitter.

Peatips w/ Tofu Skin
The deep fried shrimp dumplings is not on my usual list of dimsum foods, but to go along with the venturing theme we ordered it to try. To my delight it was very yummy and quite reminiscent of shrimp salad spring rolls.

Deep Fried Shrimp Dumplings
Shumai, a must order, no matter where. Again, standard.

Shumai
The spareribs didn't leave much of an impression on me...
Spareribs & Pumpkin
Chicken feet is always good!
Chicken Feet
Shrimp dumplings are one of my favourite items. I like to dissect and disassemble my dumplings before eating them, filling first then skin. The filling was fine, but I would have enjoyed this a lot more if the skin had more bounce!
Shrimp Dumplings
Originally, I was a little put off by the minced fish (that's what happens when you translate Chinese dishes into English), but at the end of the meal this turned out to be one of my favourites. The rice noodle wrap doesn't have much taste to it, so it nicely balances out the savoury filling, while the fried tofu skin adds a nice crunch.
Minced Fish Rice Noodle Wrap

A chinese restaurant of this calibre is expected to deliver a certain standard of food, and this meal definitely did not disappoint! On top of all, the restaurant is well lit, spacious and nicely decorated. Just don't go expecting the servers to wait on you hand and foot!

Next time your head is spinning from trying to decide where to have dim sum, breathe a sigh of relief and head over to Fisherman's Terrace!

Taste: ★★★★☆
Environment: ★★★★★
Service: ★★★☆☆
Price: $$$

Fisherman's Terrace Seafood
4151 Hazelbridge Way
Richmond, BC
Fisherman's Terrace Seafood 釣魚台海鮮酒家 (時代坊內) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I've never had dim sum here despite the fact that I used to be in Richmond pretty often! I'm glad to hear they have good bbq pork pastry though cause I love love love that and shrimp dumplings too, I also eat them the same way you do, in fact I wouldn't mind if someone ate all the filling and gave me all the "skins" LOL actually, dream come true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I would come here JUST for their bbq pork pastries! LOL, I feel you about the whole skins thing....somebody please just take my shrimp...

      Where do you usually go for dimsum?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...