Monday, March 05, 2012

Macaron Heaven at Soirette

The macaron frenzy really has been sweeping through Vancouver eh? To be honest I never thought much about macarons until it became the newest "it" dessert. So, being the bandwagoner that I am, I had to come down and try out Soirette, the latest addition to the macaron scene!

Macaron Selection
Soirette had such a wide range of flavours that I ended up standing at the counter, half panicing because I couldn't decide quickly enough 1) how many to get and 2) which ones to try. I especially liked how they're putting out more innovative flavours instead of just sticking to the conventional ones.

Matcha - Malibu - Maple
Chocolat - Rose - Rocher
$2/each
The macarons themselves are beautiful, most of them donning their own unique decorations according to flavour. Soirette doesn't use dyes in their macarons so they boast a nice, soft pastel glow, unlike the jarring, vibrant ones I've seen elsewhere. Check out the golden sheen on the rose and rocher...isn't that pretty? Best thing is, these macarons taste just as good as they look! The shells were so delicate but still delightfully crispy. Encased within is a nice filling that was superbly moist and retained enough detectable flavour to come through the almond. My favourites were the rose and matcha. The rose flavour came through so aromatically, it was just amazing. The matcha was probably the most intensely flavoured out of them all.

I also had a london fog to go along with my treats. I'm afraid I can never go back to drinking them at Starbuck's anymore. It was creamy with a perfumed taste, topped off with a warm caramel overtone (although there was no caramel drizzle).

Soirette bedazzled me way beyond my expectations, so I will definitely be back again (and again, and again, until they run out of flavours). With it's dainty treats and stylish interior, it's a great place to relax and catch up with the girlfriends!

Taste: ★★★★★
Environment: ★★★★★
Service: ★★★★★
Price: $$$$

Soirette Macarons & Tea
1433 W Pender St.
Vancouver, BC
Soirette Macarons & Tea on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...